Wednesday, March 01, 2006

After the war Mr. Rogers became an ordained Presbyterian minister and therefore a pacifist. Vowing to never harm another human and also dedicating the rest of his life to trying to help lead children on the right path in life. He hid away the tattoos and his past life and won our hearts with his quiet wit and charm. America's real heroes don't flaunt what they did; they quietly go about their day-to-day lives, doing what they do best. They earned our respect and the freedoms that we all enjoy. Look around and see if you can find one of those heroes in your midst. Often, they are the ones you'd least suspect, but would most like to have on your side if anything ever happened. Take the time to thank anyone that has fought for our freedom. With encouragement they could be the next Captain Kangaroo or Mr.Rogers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jim!

I had heard these stories before, but only brief descriptions were given. I loved Mr. Rogers. Who would have thought that such a gentle man had fought so hard in the past for our freedom?? I believe these stories. I told my teens that if they ever make me a grandmother (and to take their good old time at that) I would try to find some DVD's of Mister Rogers' shows for their kids to watch as opposed to the silliness that passes as children's shows today.

Best wishes,

Cindy