It’s time for a music quiz. Are you salivating, Glo?
Here it goes:
1. In a 1973 hit by Deep Purple, they are singing about “smoke” and “water”. What song? What smoke? What water? What famous group of the time is mentioned in the song?
2. Who won the 1971 World Series and what was their theme song? Who performed it?
3. Who sang “Diamond Girl”? Name the year within three years. (Extra credit if you hit it exactly)
Janice Joplin (1943-1970). She was
quite a "swill" singer!
4. What band did Rick Derringer start with at age 17? What was their huge hit of 1965 and who did they knock out of #1 on the Hit Parade with it?
5. Who sang “Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head” and in what movie was it featured? It became Billboard’s number 1 hit of what year?
6. Name the 1975 disco hit by The Silver Convention.
7. Name Janice Joplin’s favorite booze.
8. Who was Carly Simon singing about in her 1973 hit “You’re So Vain”?
9. What brand of car is mentioned in a 1981 hit by Blondie that has been considered by many to be the first successful rap song? Who is the lead singer?
10. Name three hits from the J. Geils Band.
Extra credit question: Who the hell was Kay Kyser?”
This is NOT an open book test. Anyone caught cheating will have to wash the blackboards after class and beat the chalk dust out of the erasers.