Monday, May 08, 2006

The Festival is a nice event that I look forward to. It appeals to everyone from families to young party animals to older fans of some of the nostalgic bands like Marshall Tucker. In the two years that I have attended, I have yet to see any type of scuffling that you might expect at an event that includes beer and rock and roll. Security is good and I even saw a "rent a cop" that reminded me of officer Jim Chee of the Tony Hillerman novels. How is that for imagination?
If you have never gone, I would suggest marking your calendar for next year. Two suggestions: Take some chairs for seating and some blankets if you plan to sit in front of the bandstand. Last year it got pretty cool at night. Secondly, if you are there for an extended period in the daytime, bring along some sun block. I saw a lot of pink people that are suffering today from the sun exposure.
Other than those suggestions, I hope I see you next year for another fun time at The McDowell Mountain Music Festival, 2007. (Comments? Questions? azjimmcallister@cox.net.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»