Tuesday, January 24, 2006

I really enjoy the mystery novels of Michael Connelly. Maybe it is because he is a former journalist and has a knack for putting words on paper. His primary protagonist is Harry Bosch, a world weary, tireless detective for the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD). As far as crime, Bosch has seen it all through such stories as best sellers CHASING THE DIME, ANGEL’S FLIGHT, VOID MOON and many others.
Within the last year Connelly has turned out two more good ones: THE CLOSERS (May, 2005, available in paperback, February, 2006) and THE LINCOLN LAWYER (October 2005). Since I am a Connelly fan, these two entries were "must reads". If you like Connelly, you will probably agree. If you are a lover of mystery novels but haven’t read Connelly’s stuff, here is an opportunity to get acquainted with him through a couple of real page turners.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jim,

I never heard of Michael Connelly. I will now look for his books. I love mysteries and especially well written ones. And if you say his are well written, that's gospel for me.

Allen